Lots of interesting coverage this and last week of WalMart’s first foray into Africa via its acquisition of Massmart which was approved despite concerns this uber-powerful retailer will force local players to hemmorage jobs or be put out of business. Push-back isn’t new to WalMart — protests against their planning applications in American communities are legendary, as are the Michael Moore films on the company’s healthcare and other policies for its workers. What legacy will WalMart leave in the South African market that improves the quality of life for its customes? Does it have a plan? Let’s hope so.
Tag CloudAdvertising AIDA Cruises Allyson Allyson Stewart-Allen America American apple Barclays Boot Camp BP brand brand localisation brand travel BrandTravel Britain Burberry business Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Cruises CNN corporate diplomacy crisis management cross-cultural insights Customer Service economic dynamism Economy expert Financial Times FSA FT G7 German global Google Ibero Cruises Innovation insights International International Marketing International Marketing Partners local localisation localization MAC MAC Cosmetics management market analysis marketing marketing; Carnival Cruise Lines; Carnival; Carnival Cruises; Reputation; Costa Concordia; trust; Marketing Academy Marketing Week Market Leader Magazine market research News Corporation P&O Cruises Cunard Paul the Octopus Princess Cruises quality of life RBS Recession relationship building Reputation Rupert Murdoch Seabourn social currency Starbucks stocks strategy Technology Tony Hayward transparency Twitter Volkswagen White Collar WPP
- @PDFsamOSS Can't get the "Convert" module to load on Pro v4 ... please advise on the fix or a refund? Thank you. 19 hours ago
- RT @AvardeSusan: UN Women 3yrs from #HeForShe introduction highlights impact of male champions on reducing violence & increasing economic… 3 days ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: Things that mean "yes" -Oh go on then -If you're having one -I mustn't really -If we have to -It's not for me to say -It… 5 days ago
- A pleasure to be part of this year's voting panel for the @UKPBA_Awards - many congrats to all award winners! #UKPBA17 1 week ago
- Good luck to tonight's UK Private Business Awards @UKPBA_Awards winners - fantastic entrants this year. #UKPBA17 bit.ly/2sm4qrc 1 week ago