According to the FT story that ran a few days ago, German car makers Volkswagen and Smart “microcars” (is this a new product category that’s been so tightly and strategically defined that you can automatically be the market leader?) have realized there’s money to be made in the USA. Driven by a steep fall in its sales, Smart’s CEO Deiter Zetsche admits the company “might not have done enough active selling” since arriving on American shores in 2008. Maybe the 20% drop in 2011 sales compared to 2010 is what prompted the realization. Surely the US consumer, screaming over gasoline prices above $3.50/gallon, is now ready more than ever to entertain a microcar. Turning up the marketing and sales loudness dial for the US must be something every brand traveller must know?
Tag CloudAdvertising AIDA Cruises Allyson Allyson Stewart-Allen America American apple Barclays Boot Camp BP brand brand localisation brand travel BrandTravel Britain Burberry business Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Cruises CNN corporate diplomacy crisis management cross-cultural insights Customer Service economic dynamism Economy expert Financial Times FSA FT G7 German global Google Ibero Cruises Innovation insights International International Marketing International Marketing Partners local localisation localization MAC MAC Cosmetics management market analysis marketing marketing; Carnival Cruise Lines; Carnival; Carnival Cruises; Reputation; Costa Concordia; trust; Marketing Academy Marketing Week Market Leader Magazine market research News Corporation P&O Cruises Cunard Paul the Octopus Princess Cruises quality of life RBS Recession relationship building Reputation Rupert Murdoch Seabourn social currency Starbucks stocks strategy Technology Tony Hayward transparency Twitter Volkswagen White Collar WPP
- RT @TransatlanticCh: We're giving you the chance to spend the evening with @museofmarketing this November. Come along for insight into Amer… 1 day ago
- RT @BusMgmtPub: Today is the day we have been waiting for! @museofmarketing is speaking at 4pm on the International Stage (Hall 5.1) at #Fr… 2 days ago
- Thrilled to be at #FrankfurtBookFair (@Book_Fair) at 4pm today to talk about how to connect with #American business… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Delighted to be at #FrankfurtBookFair (@Book_Fair) in two days’ time to discuss the art of connecting with… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @ChattawayKate: When it comes to mentoring you need to be more open minded. This is just one of the points raised from our latest #PwC_L… 4 days ago