According to the FT story that ran a few days ago, German car makers Volkswagen and Smart “microcars” (is this a new product category that’s been so tightly and strategically defined that you can automatically be the market leader?) have realized there’s money to be made in the USA. Driven by a steep fall in its sales, Smart’s CEO Deiter Zetsche admits the company “might not have done enough active selling” since arriving on American shores in 2008. Maybe the 20% drop in 2011 sales compared to 2010 is what prompted the realization. Surely the US consumer, screaming over gasoline prices above $3.50/gallon, is now ready more than ever to entertain a microcar. Turning up the marketing and sales loudness dial for the US must be something every brand traveller must know?
Tag CloudAdvertising AIDA Cruises Allyson Allyson Stewart-Allen America American apple Barclays Boot Camp BP brand brand localisation brand travel BrandTravel Britain Burberry business Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Cruises CNN corporate diplomacy crisis management cross-cultural insights Customer Service economic dynamism Economy expert Financial Times FSA FT G7 German global Google Ibero Cruises Innovation insights International International Marketing International Marketing Partners local localisation localization MAC MAC Cosmetics management market analysis marketing marketing; Carnival Cruise Lines; Carnival; Carnival Cruises; Reputation; Costa Concordia; trust; Marketing Academy Marketing Week Market Leader Magazine market research News Corporation P&O Cruises Cunard Paul the Octopus Princess Cruises quality of life RBS Recession relationship building Reputation Rupert Murdoch Seabourn social currency Starbucks stocks strategy Technology Tony Hayward transparency Twitter Volkswagen White Collar WPP
- As #American English has evolved as a highly effective, functional tool to enable the talents of those from around… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @BRITforBusiness: Wandering what it is we actually do? We've just explained: facebook.com/BRITforBusiness #BRITforBusiness #BusinessTraining… 1 day ago
- With today's crucial #Brexit vote in the House of Commons, #RoyalMail is considering launching its new stamp collec… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @BRITforBusiness: Are you looking to change your career? Our New Year, New Career Workshop will enable you to do so confidently with the… 1 week ago
- RT @marcventresca: New #AI essay by @RosariaTaddeo @Floridi @oiioxford - 'How AI can be a force for good' science.sciencemag.org/content/361/64… @Andrew… 1 week ago